Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goodbye Lazy Days


September. Seriously. So hard to believe. I am not sure why each year goes by faster and faster. Is it because a year makes up a smaller percentage of our lifetime? Who knows.

Summer was filled with lots of good times for us. We spent a ton of time at the pool and on the tennis courts as always. Ky and I played in our first parent/child tennis tourney. Ky was the youngest player by at least 3 years and I was the least talented player by a long shot. Still we showed up (and in Kyle's case with sweatband on head)and did our best. I can't wait to do it again next year because already we have gotten MUCH better than we were earlier this summer.

Our family finally managed to go rafting down the Truckee. Eric's birthday was the occasion for that Wednesday outing.







We spent some time in Tahoe and had visits from family. The O.G.s spent a few nights at the cabin for a Gammill/Dahl/Peterson reunion of sorts over the 4th of July.





Highlight of the summer was spending a few days at the cabin with one of my dearest friends. Peggy and her fam have been living in Paris for a couple of years now. She and I spent a crazy 24 hours together in Las Vegas around Christmas time. This visit came complete with our kids. This time we dialed back the crazy and increased the relaxation. .

I have a (kinda) new way of relaxing - taking photos. I am pretty proud of some of the shots that I got this summer so I shall share many (one of which I think might actually be Peggy's shot, but ignore that little detail).








A few final notes . . .

Expect some lunch ideas for the kiddos in the near future. I have had lots of requests!

Visit Peggy and read all about her life raising kids as an American in Paris. Good Stuff, fo' sho'!

http://ruerice.blogspot.com/