Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cobb Salad

I spent a wonderful hour on the elliptical yesterday. I love going to the club on a weekend afternoon when very few people are there. Much of the time I spent on the elliptical was also spent thinking about what to cook for dinner when I left. I started taking a mental inventory of what was already in the fridge and decided I was going to make a big fabulous Cobb Salad. It was so delightful that I repeated the recipe today for lunch. I would say it took all of about 15 minutes to make the salad (start the hard-boiled eggs first).

Ingredients:
Lettuce Mix - a variety of greens with some purple cabbage thrown in for color and taste
Blue Cheese
Tomatoes
Hard Boiled Eggs (I used 2)
Bacon cooked very crisp so that I could crumble it up (I used 3 slices)
Avocado - I used 1 small avocado
Light Ranch Dressing - I like just a little bit of dressing because I don't want to overpower the other flavors

Now let's see if this idea gets as much feedback as my chicken salad pita did!




In Health,
Yo
Posted by Picasa