Monday, March 9, 2009

Honesty and Friday Night at the O.G. House

Hello Friends!

I hope that you all have an honest, lay-it-on-the-line friend. I do. Her name is Peggy but we call each other "Gayle" when we need to be honest. Peggy (and Gayle) moved to Paris (France, not Texas) about a year ago. The move was a bit traumatic for me. When she was living in Dallas we talked 2-3 times/day on the phone. I knew the time difference between Paris and Reno was going to put a serious damper on our relationship. We don't talk as often but I still feel as close to her as ever. Apparently she feels close to me as well because Gayle sent me an email the other day complaining about my blog.

Gayle, it seems, can't stand when I post articles. She wants to hear what is going on in my life and what I am feeding the kids. She wants the recipes and fun nutrition tidbits that I have posted in the past.

As busy moms, sometimes things get hectic and life gets in the way of creativity. Guilty. Sinus infections, a critically ill family member and client appointments have indeed squashed my innovation lately. I explained this to Gayle and she said that was fine, she would continue to check out my pathetic blog for a bit longer while I got my booty back in gear.

And so here is what is cooking at the O.G. house . . .

Friday night is "movie night" at our house. The boys come home from school, eat some dinner, take showers, get in their jammies and watch a feature-length film (during the week TV is limited to a 30 minute show). Todd had gone to play racquetball with friends on Friday afternoon so I was just the boys and I for dinner. We often do Pizza on movie night but we had resorted to that earlier in the week so I needed a quick, "clean" meal for them to chow down on.

My 'eat clean' campaign means eating as little processed food as possible. Friday night this meant green beans, mango and chicken breast. Dinner was ready in about 10 minutes and the boys were happy. They devoured the green beans and mango first and then ran to our 'height wall' to see if they had grown after eating their fruits and veggies.

In Health,
Yo